Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Happy that the Vintage DC Comics Calendar is back!

Interesting choice for the cover of a 2016 calendar.  Does it have a twofold meaning?

I was pleasantly surprised when I walked into Books-A-Million at Edgewater Mall in Biloxi, MS, Saturday and saw a new Vintage DC Comics Calendar for 2016!  Asgard Press made these calendars in the past for a few years.  I always bought them because they were so awesome, but they haven't made them in a while.  I hadn't even heard that they were going to start making them again for 2016.  I always loved these calendars because they showed old DC Comics comic book covers.

The calendar cover is a comic book cover of Wonder Woman running for president.  Right off the bat, I realized why that cover may have been picked: in 2016, Wonder Woman is going to be featured on the big screen for the first time ever in Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, and also in 2016, there may be a woman elected president for the first time!  And I hope there is!  (Clinton, anyway, not Fiorina.)

The cover used for May 2016 is of Hawkman #1, from 1964.  I own that issue, and its one of my most valuable comics.

Oh, and this calendar is BIG, too, 11"x30" when opened up all the way.  And I got it for 50% off the suggested retail price of $21.95.  Calendar shopping is always best after Christmas, cause you can always get them for a lot of percentage points off!

No comments: