Saturday, May 25, 2024

Watched Star Trek: TNG's "The Chase" again because of Discovery, and recognized some Klingon words I knew to boot!

Since Star Trek: Discovery's current season is based on an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation called "The Chase," I've been wanting to watch that episode again all season and I finally did tonight. It's probably the first time I've watched it since around the time it came out. I always remembered the basic storyline of it.


I taught myself had to speak a tad bit of Klingon in the 1990s, and learned how to count to five in Klingon. So when the Klingon captain in this episode was playing a game with Commander Data, he said "One, two, three" in Klingon, and I recognized the words as such! I don't think I would have known those words when the episode originally aired, because the episode was from 1993, and I think it was a little while later that I studied a little Klingon. So that was a cool little treat I got from the rewatch. (Although the Klingon captain said the Klingon word for three a little differently than I learned, but it was still close enough that I knew what he was saying. That's just what you call a different dialect! 😁)


Captain Nu'Daq saying the Klingon word for three...his way.


No comments: